STDs / STIs Community

Oral Gonorrhea

I performed fellatio almost a month ago. My tonsils have been swollen and red my throat itself hasn't really been sore. I went to the doctor who gave me a rapid strep test that was negative and so, I got them to do a throat swab culture, which was also negative. After 2 weeks of having symptoms the doctor said that a viral infection would not last that long that it must be due to a bacteria that was not tested for in the culture. I was prescribed penicillin and I'm halfway through the prescription and my throat doesn't look much better. Is there a possibility that this could be an oral STI/STD? Would oral gonorrhea show up on a throat swab culture?
If not gonorrhea, what else could my symptoms indicate
Get a blood test done
For what?
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.