STI testing while taking doxycycline

I visited GP B for UTI and lower abdominal pain. As discussed, i might have colic. My abd pain did go away after some laxatives. I went back for a review with my other GP - GP A and she gave me Doxycycline for PID without running further checks. At that point, i forgot to ask for further confirmation checks nor did i manage to ask if my partner needs to be checked/treated as well.

I started taking Doxycycline on the 11th and am on my 7/20 tablets. Do you think i can still take a STI test just to confirm my condition and for a peace of mind?
Yes you can. Definitely for a peace of mind

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.