Should I be worried

Had protected anal sex and unprotected oral both giving and receiving with a transgender he did not ejaculate this was yesterday today I took 4 500mg azitromicin should I be worried about stds and when can I have sex with my wife again
COMMUNITY LEADER
Oral sex exposes you to syphilis, gonorrhea and herpes. The risk is low compared to penetrative sex, but it's not zero, You should test as follows:
-Gonorrhea, 3 weeks after the exposure.
-Herpes, 3 months after the exposure.
-Syphilis, 6 weeks after the exposure. If the result is negative, repeat the test 3 months after the exposure, as there are people who take longer to show a positive result.

All the best.
COMMUNITY LEADER
The azithromycin you took would take care of chlamydia, which you didn't have a risk for, and NGU, which you did. It would not cure gonorrhea or syphilis, and herpes is a virus, so there is no cure.

Since you took the medication, you'll have to wait at least 3 weeks to test for gonorrhea, instead of the normal 3-5 days. The antibiotic can cause you to perhaps have a false negative test.
I called the local std clinic they said the antibiotics would take care of gonorrhea down stairs but not the throat and I would have to wait 10 days to test and hiv is not a concern for my situation
Honestly, I don't even know how that makes sense. Oral gonorrhea is the same as genital gonorrhea, and the treatment is the same for both. You'd get a shot AND take 1 gm of azithromycin.

They may be less conservative in regards to the wait time to rest. I'm not as concerned about that.

In any case, I hope you go in for testing, and make sure they do an oral test. Oral gonorrhea isn't as common as genital, but it's still definitely possible.

They are correct - HIV is not a concern for you from this encounter.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.