Sore throat after cunnilingus

Performed cunnilingus on a girl a few times last weekend, and later in the day felt a tingle in my throat.  By the next day it was a full sore throat that feels like post-nasal drip, with a headache and feverish feeling.  I went to the doctor and they said it wasn't strep, but gave me antibiotics.  It cleared up over the next few days and I was feeling fine by this weekend.  Did the same things with the same girl yesterday and now my throat is tingly again.  We'll see if it gets worse like last week, but is it possible that it's being caused by cunnilingus?

Are there "good bacteria" ("vaginal flora") in there that can infect the throat? Strep B?  Can chlamydia or gonorrhea infect the throat?  Could it be an allergy or something?  I don't remember this happening with other girls, except once in which case it was actually strep.

She doesn't look like she has an infection.  It isn't offensive to my nose or anything.  She seems healthy and clean enough.
Chlaymdia and gonorrhea can infect the throat, but it is uncommon.

You can get an infection of other sorts such as adenovirus, etc. You could have your throat cultured and tested for STIs.
hi,this is gonna sound crazybut what i think is the adenovirus is in the girls vagina.someone gave it to her while he was sick.the reason why i think this is because ive been dealing with this problem for three years the dr.s say im fine but im not.my boyfriend and i dont have oral sex for i have to take too many antibotics,if i want to do so.they need to find a cure already!the dr.s dont know anything yet cause its so new.but if enough people conplain they will have to do something about it.at least thats what my boyfriend and i are hoping for.goodluck.and be careful from now on.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.