Swollen Tonsils?

Last year i had unprotected oral sex
not too long after my throat was really sore and my tonsils were swollen
there were white spots on my tonsils
i went to the doctor and i got tested for mono and strep throat
i did not have either
the doctor gave me penicillin
he told me to take it four times a day
i started taking it but kind of just stopped after my throat didn't hurt anymore
i'm stupid, i know
they're still swollen, and i haven't really had any irritation, until now.
my throat hurts a little, and when i woke up from a nap there was hard white stuff on one of them.
i got it off with a q-tip
i'm 17 years old and i'm afraid of going to the doctor because i don't want my parents to find out
and i don't have a job, so i don't know how i would pay for it
do i have an STD?

COMMUNITY LEADER
This sounds like tonsillitis, or tonsil stones, not an std.  You need to see your doctor.  Put std out of your mind, and get this taken care of.

Aj
I agree with AJ it is Tonsillitis. Basically your tonsil are infected due to allergies not oral sex.
hello helpme284, sorry Iam reading this in 2017 and wondering how did you solve the problem, if at all you overcame it..

I have the same problem. anti biotics are not working for me (even augmentin)

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.