Syphilis Testing Question

I've been dating a girl for over 2 years. We have been lifelong friends, but not lifelong partners. Since we started dating, we have always had unprotected vaginal and oral sex, even though neither of us have ever tested for any STD's and HIV. This is foolish, but we are pretty naive to these things.

To correct myself, I can't say NEVER tested, meaning she has a yearly pap with her Gyno and they test for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea. She has always been negative. She hasn't tested for anything else, and I haven't tested for anything at all. We've both had 5-6 partners who we have had unprotected sexual relationships with over the previous 8 years before we dated. All of mine were in Southern California. 3 of hers were in Atlanta where she went to college. We are both heterosexual, white, non-drug users.

Now that I've give you all the background (which may have been pointless) I need to know what the heck we should test for. We both went to our local clinic and they showed us a list of the tests they offer. There is so much information on the internet and it's really hard to figure out WHICH tests we should take.

For instance... For syphilis they offer 2 tests. One test was called an "RPR" test. Another test was called "Treponema Pallidum (Syphilis) Screening Cascade" They both cost the exact same amount, but I have no idea which test is right for us.

Can anyone share their insight about these tests? Are they best for us? Should I seek other tests?

HIV-1 RNA

HIV-1/O/2 Antibody by ICMA

HIV-1/O/2 4th Generation DUO

Hep B Surface Antigen

Hep B Core Antibody IgM

Hep C Virus Ab

Hep C RNA

Syphilis RPR

Syphilis Treponema Pallidum Screening

HSV-1 IgG

HSV-1 IgM

HSV-2 IgG

Chlamydia, NAA Urine

Gonorrhea, NAA Urine

Want to apologize because my title targeted Syphilis, but I'm really seeking ANY insight for these tests. Thank you again...
It says you are 26 and in CA, you should not be naive.
HIV-Antibody
Hep-post in the Hep forum
Syphilis RPR
HSV-IGG both
Yes chlamydia and gonorrhea

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.