Syphilis risk and chancre location

Dear Medhelp Team,

I received unprotected oral sex in China from a CSW about three weeks ago. How likely is it that it is syphilis and how likely is it that the syphilis chancre is developing at a different location than the actual exposed area? I have a sore close to my anus about 3-4 cm away on my right butt cheek and I don't know where it came from. That area was not exposed to any sexual activity except maybe some saliva running down.

I also feel like I have some pressure in my pelvic area and lower abdominal area. I am aware that this sensation is possible due to anxiety.

I am looking forward to your reply. Thanks.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi, to contract syphilis she would need to have an active chancre sore and you would need a sin opening for syphilis to enter and it would appear at point of contact so your anal area would not be where a sore would develop.
Dear Life360,

thanks a lot for the quick reply. That is what I thought, but I wanted to make sure.

I got a follow up question. How likely is it to contract any other STD via above mentioned way? I am most worried about Gonorrhoea or Chlamydia. Should I be worrying about any other disease?

Thanks in advance!
COMMUNITY LEADER
very low risk for other std,s

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
STDs aren't transmitted through clothing. Fabric is a germ barrier.