Test reliability

How reliable is Alere determination syphilis? After 10 weeks?
Alere determine
I found this on their website -

https://www.alere.com/en/home/product-details/determine-syphilis.html

Sensitivity: 100%
Specificity: 100%

This means that it is able to accurately find everyone with the infection (sensitivity) and to correctly identify those who don't (specificity).

You've had 10 weeks with no symptoms, right? Your partner had no symptoms. Now you have a 10 week negative test. You really don't need to worry about this.

I just saw your post in Men's Health and you had further questions. I'm asking for it to be moved here so I don't miss it again, but really, you can let this go.
Thank you very much for your reply. There was no test yet. But as I don't need it. So, is vaginal fluid a syphilis bacterium? Or should you directly touch the wound? That's what I want and close the topic.
You'd have to have skin to skin contact with a chancre sore to transmit syphilis.

"How do people get syphilis?

Syphilis is transmitted from person to person by direct contact with a syphilitic sore, known as a chancre. Chancres can occur on or around the external genitals, in the vagina, around the anus , or in the rectum, or in or around the mouth. Transmission of syphilis can occur during vaginal, anal, or oral sex. In addition, pregnant women with syphilis can transmit the infection to their unborn child."

https://www.cdc.gov/std/syphilis/stdfact-syphilis-detailed.htm

This means your mouth, genitals, or anus would have had to had direct contact with a syphilis sore somewhere on someone else's body.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.