STDs / STIs Community

Throat Gonorrhea

Hi, I read a lot about the throat gonorrhea and my question is if a standard swab test would detect this problem or I need a specific one. I'm asking because I'm a foreigner and today I asked for a special swab test (for gonorrhea) and in the lab they told me that they can only perform the standart one. Would this be enouhg?
Testing for pharyngeal (throat) gonorrhea requires a specific test.  A standard throat culture won't detect it.

But pharyngeal gonorrhea doesn't matter much anyway. It doesn't cause symptoms, is unlikely to be transmitted to partners, and goes away after a few weeks without treatment.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.