STDs / STIs Community

Tonsillitis or STD?

About two weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a guy oral and vaginal. 4 days later I felt the onset of a uti and went to the doctor and got antibiotics. Now my tonsils are swollen and have white spots on them and it hurts to swallow. Could this be signs of gonorrhea in the throat? Although he showed no signs. Also I recently went to the bathroom and saw some vaginal bleeding. Could this be the stress of being sick or an std?
Could be either. Oral STD's are uncommon but I would get a vaginal swab doen for chlamydia and gonorrhea to start.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.