Aa
A
A
A
Close
STDs / STIs Community
39.5k Members

What could this lump on my penis be?

About a week ago I noticed what appeared to be a pimple on my penis. Against my better judgment I popped it thinking that would take care of it. Now it feels as though there is some kind of a mass underneath the top of the lump (which has a dark red point).

I got concerned that this could be an STD of some kind but none of the pictures I've looked at for the various ones that have sores look similar. I don't want to dig around in it to see if it an ingrown hair or something because I don't want to make it worse.

Any ideas? It's a lump the size of a pebble and it has a dark red top to it. It's protruding and not collapsed like the syphilis sores I saw pictures of and it is a little sensitive to the touch but otherwise none painful. I'm experiencing no painful urination or other discharge.
2 Responses
what's your risk exposure lately?
1 Comments
Have had some sex but no one seemed to be suffering from any kind of physical ailments that would lead me to believe they were sick.
Did you have protected sex?
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.