What is the accuracy of UTI testing for predicting a bacterial std

Would a negative (nitrite and LE) UTI test mean that there is no chance of a bacteria std?  I know a UTI isn't specifically testing for bacterial stds (gonn/clamydia) but is the lack of bacterial alone enough to rule those stds out?

Thanks so much.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi they would have to test specially for gono and chlamydia
Wouldn't that only be if you were looking for an exact diagnosis?  The bacteria generated by gono/chlamydia would still generate a nitrite and/or LE finding, right?  A UTI analysis doesn't necessarliy identify the type of bacteria found, just if there IS bacteria found. So the absence of any bacteria should rule out any type of bacterial infection. Or am I just wrong on this?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Some bacteria donot produce nitrites
Got it. Thank you.

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.