Will cefdinir 5 days prior to getting std tested affect the outcome

I took a 10 panel std test prior to  the test I was taking Cefdinir although I stopped taking it 5 days before testing would the cefdinir affect the results which were negative. But now I have a rash on my back that has burning
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi that particular med is really not used to treat std,s but since its an antibiotic it may affect the test showing a negative result but if your tests show a negative result you dont have the std,s you tested for anyway.
Testing for Syphilis was one of the test  would it not affect it?
Syphilis was one of the stds tested for so would the cefdinir not affect it?
as i said it is an antibiotic so would kill bacteria to some degree but if you tested negative at 6 weeks you dont have it
I don’t know the exact timing but from the last sexual activity was 23 days until taking the test

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.