frequent urination

About 3 weeks ago I had a brief encounter of unprotected vaginal sex.  it lasted about 15 seconds.  The last day or so, I have had the urge to urinate often. Maybe about every 15 minutes.  I go a small amount and then its ok, for another 15 minutes or so.  I see no other symptoms...Could It be an STD? I Have a great deal of anxiety over this encounter and am having trouble not thinking or obsessing over it.
Very unlikely to be a STD.
Why do think it's unlikely I wonder?
Timing and just having that symptom.
If you feel an itch you can't seem to scratch (cause it's probably inside your urethra) then get tested. I ignored this for a month and it ended up being chlamydia. I too had a short unprotected encounter for 1 minute and I caught it.
Hi Vance, do you think I have anything else to worry about from this encounter?
Probably not but testing the only way to know
I went and got tested for chlamydia & gonorrhea this morning.  Nurse said it didn't sound like a sd & wouldn't test me for anything else.
Make an appointment to see your doctor.  Your urine needs to be examined for a urinary tract infection too.

You are wise to get checked out with regard any STD, but the symptoms you describe can also be from a urinary tract infection, diabetes or prostate problems.

Make sure that you still drink plenty of fluids and especially water.

Make an urgent appointment to see your doctor so that he can examine you and give you the correct diagnosis and any appropriate medication that is deemed necessary.

Let me know how you get on.
Best wishes.
I'm wondering if it was all nerves/anxiety about my situation.  Last night & today I'm fine.  Hopefully my test results come back negative.
Well gonorrhea & chlamydia both came back negative. Great news!  I took a ora sure mouth swab test 25 days was negative also.. I know it's to soon, but it has to be somewhat accurate or a good sign???
HIV questions post in the HIV forum

You are reading content posted in the STDs / STIs Community

Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.