Anal discomfort

Symptoms dec Dec 2/3: slight discomform of penis and testes
Symptoms Dec 4-8: mild burning feeling on penis (tip, head, inside urethra, outside of scrotum, testes), general soreness of penis anus and testes
Symptoms Dec 9-10: dull ache in testes and anus, dec 10 developed a bad cough and sore throat

Note: Im a 26 year old male. It doesnt burn when I urinate, nor do I have any redness, swelling, or sores on my penis scrutum or anus. I am suffering from guilt/anxiety still. I have tested negative for syphelis, clamydia, gonnorrea, and HSV. My HSV test was a culture taken from my urethra.

My last exposures were both from oral sex, the most recent happening about a month ago, and the other a few weeks before that. I am in a relationship, hence the severe axiety (high blood pressure, heavy breathing, shaking, inability to concentrate, eating less).
Did I get a false negative for herpes?
If not genital herpes, what could be causing my symptoms and what steps should I take?
Welcome back to the forum.  However, I have nothing to add to the opinions and advice you received from Dr. Hook a few days ago.  For sure herpes never causes symptoms like yours.  As Dr. Hook said, your symptoms are typical for genitally focused anxiety and not for any STD.  That includes the newly described rectal pain, in addition to the penile and scrotal symptoms.

The mechanism of anxiety-related genital pain is essentially the same by which stress causes tension headaches.  In headaches, the muscle tension is in the head (especially the temporal muscles at the side of the head), neck, and others serving the face and head.  For genitally focused anxiety, it's the muscles in the pelvic floor -- i.e. internally between the anus and genital area -- which commonly results in pain referred to the penis, scrotum, lower abdomen and rectum.

My advice is to accept the test results, as well as the truth that the sexual exposure you are concerned about carried little or no risk for STD.  I would also advise you to resume sex with your regular partner, if you have not yet done so.  You will not be putting her at risk of herpes or any other STD.  Once you come to accept and understand (emotionally as well as intellectually) that your symptoms are just that -- symptoms only, not indicating any infection or other potential for harm -- they will fade away.

Best wishes and happy holidays--  HHH, MD
Testing was performed last tuesday dec3
Noted before I replied above.
Thank you very much doctor. This is very hard to let go of but I will do my best.

You are reading content posted in the STDs Forum

Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.