STDs Forum

Freaking out about lapdance

Hi doctors,

I know I might be over reacting to this, but can't seem to get this out of my mind, and don't know what to do next.

I am a 28 year old male from the uk and last week went to a strip club and decided to have a lapdance.  The dancer was fully nude and I did touch her body during the dance.

After about an half hour after the dance I went to the toilet and urinated.  The next morning I also went to the bathroom again and definitely touching my penis.

Now I am very worried about touching myself when urinating after the dance (I.e touching my trousers to unbutton before touching my penis).  I am also worried about my morning toilet visit as I don't think I washed hands since leaving the club.

I have a long term partner and am freaking out and don't know what to do next, do I need to test for anything?

Welcome to the forum.

You are at absolutely no risk of any STD from this sort of exposure.  They call them STDs because you must have sex to transmit them -- indirect contact of the sort you describe is risk free.  Even vaginal fingering or masturbation by a partner, even with vaginal fluids as lubricant, almost never transmit STD.

So no risk, no worries, no need for testing; and if you have a regular partner, you can safely continue your normal sexual practices without any fear of putting that person at risk.

I hope this has helped.  Best wishes--  HHH, MD
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.