STDs Forum

WORRIED GANITAL WARTS

I RECENTLY HAD UNPROTECTED SEX ABOUT 4 WEEKS AGO. ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO I NOTICED THESE BUMPS THEY LOOK LIKE WARTS. THEY ARE GREYISH IN COLOR AND ARE REAL SMALL THERE ARE ABOUT 6 OF THEM ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT PART OF MY SHAFT RIGHT AROUND WHERE THE HAIR FOLLUCULES START TO END. THERE ARE 2 ON TOP AND ABOUT 3 IN A LINE AND 1` UNDER THAT. THEY DONT HURT OR ITCH NOT GETTING ANY BIGGER OR SMALLER. SO MY QUESTIONS 1. WHAT COULD THIS BE? 2. DO WARTS GROW FAST ONCE THEY APEAR? 3. ANOTHER THING MY SCROTUM AND PENIS ARE RED AND WRINKLED LOOKING COULD THIS BE FROM THAT? 4. WHAT COULD THIS BE FROM I WAS THINKING ATHLETES FOOT ON PENIS. THANK YOU SO MUCH PLEASE HELP
I cannot tell from your description what the lesions might be.  It's a bit too soon for warts, but that's probably a possibility.  So my direct answers are:  1) I don't know, possibly warts--but if so, you probably got them from some previous sexual exposure, not the one 2 weeks earlier.  2) Warts don't usually appear so fast.  3) Sounds like you are describing normal penile and scrotal skin; you're probably examining yourself too closely and seeing minor changes that aren't there or don't mean anything. In any case, no STD causes such changes.  4) The name for such fungal infections is tinea:  tinea pedis = athlete's foot, tinea cruris = jock itch.  This doesn't sound like it, but I suppose it is a possibility for irritated skin on the penis and scrotum.  Not not for genital bumps.

You need to see a health care provider for personal evaluation.  You'll never get a clear answer by online searching; it isn't worth even trying.  If you don't have a regular provider, visit your local health department STD clinic.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
If there are bumps that dont change and dont itch I would always recommend looking into Mollscm as many people have never heard of it.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.