Physical Problems

Are there any physical problems, if any, that Schizophrenia can cause?  I know that disorders like Bipolar Disorder can cause physical problems but I don't know if that's also true for Schizophrenia.  I know that after I got on medication I had migraines and stomach problems far less frequently and intensely as before but I think that might of been from where it got rid of the stress I was feeling constantly for no reason.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Probably from the stress as you said from what I know. Schizophrenia in the days before treatment did cause movement disorders such as catatonia and also of course untreated mania can speed a person up in general and the loss of sleep and increase in appetite can take a toll on a person's body. What you are describing is probably from the decrease in the mental stress of feeling psychotic or manic but you could ask your psychiatrist if you wanted to know for sure.
Helpful - 0
Drink plenty of water with your meds, the less side effects you will have
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Schizophrenia Community