Senior Health Community
482 Members

After the Hospital

I have had Sepsis, went into Septic Shock, I spent 3 weeks in an Induced Coma, and 5 weeks in ICU, after 6 months in Hospital I finally got home.
Now after 18 months at home I still feel really sick, unable to do much, body pain, headaches, very short of breath, unable to walk far as they cut a large portion of my Calf muscle, scraping to the bone to remove the infection.   As a result of the open wound I also contracted VRE.

Now I am worried because I accidentally scraped my leg, it didn't bleed, but it did weep a lot of clear/yellowish fluid.   (I am on fluid tablets)
My question is, is this the Sepsis coming back, and what can I do to prevent a repeat, as I am 68 years old and don't think I'll make it a second time around.

Please help.
Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life