Senior Health Community
482 Members

Recommend meal plan for elderly

Hi, I am in south korea. My mom is currently in a nursing home.she has osteoporosis and some prblem in digestion. She always feel tired. Furthermore her food intake is very small. She can eat one cup of milk ,1 egg  or 4 spoon of steamed rice and some vegetable soup for meal.I think she has to eat some food more, but her always told me."I'm already full. I couldn't eat some more." If she more take some food,she feels bloated. So, her body lose weight day by day.I was so worried about all things. She is only 55years old , but her body age looks like 70years old.
I wanna make her more eat some food. So.. Any ideas, of what I could bring her or try would be greatful.  I'm worried she's not getting enough nutrician.
Thx.
Although I have worked with doctors and nutrition and am elderly myself, you need to have your doctor schedule a visit with a nutritionist that specializes in elder care. Not eating is a big problem with the elderly and lack of nutrients  leads to illness an even death in some cases.
Could our telomeres hold the key to curing cancer and preventing aging? Learn more in this article from Missouri Medicine.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Keep your bones strong and healthy for life