Aa
A
A
A
Close
Sexual Health Community
13.5k Members

Does frequent sex loosen the vagina?

I am in an argument with someone who thinks having sex frequently causes the vagina to loosen. I checked online and every medical article from a trusted source says this is just a myth but he refuses to believe anything online. Back me up on this, the vaginal muscles are elastic and therefore, after sex will not remain stretched out and will go back to its original tightness, right?
4 Responses
134578 tn?1578161083
Correct.  But if "he" refuses to believe the Internet, confirmation from a bunch of people on MedHelp won't make any difference to him.  
If he is accusing you of cheating on him for such a ridiculously convoluted and paranoid delusion then dump him because he's not smart enough to be in your life. You'll be so much better off without someone like that in your life.
139792 tn?1498589250
COMMUNITY LEADER
Just one argument, After delivery of a child, vagina returns to almost normal size.....Yes he may lose his libido, if he believes such theory.
1340994 tn?1374197577
It sounds like he has theories based on religious warnings of loose women.  You can't cure stupid and you shouldn't sleep with stupid.  Kegel exercises are good for the area though.  
Have an Answer?
Top Sexual Health Answerers
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
st. louis, MO
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dim the lights and break out the…eggs? These 10 foods will kick your sex drive into high gear.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
The surprising benefits of getting busy
Pain, cramps and spotting — when should you call the doctor?
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.