Sexual Health Community

Downward curved penis question!!

Hi everyone,

Im new to this forum and wanted to see if any of you could help me out with this issue. So Im 20 and never noticed until a few months ago that my downward curved penis may be an issue during sex. My penis gets erect with no problem but when its erect it curved downward; its been like this as long as I can remember. Also, my erections don't push my penis all the way up, my penis kind of juts gets a little lower than horizontal with the ground. So its basically a penis that curves down and doesn't really point all the way up.  A few months ago I tried to have sex for the first time and it didnt go well. Basically my penis just couldnt go in because of the curve. When I would try to point my penis up enough to go in I would lose the erection (combination of nerves and just the fact that it doesn't go that far up naturally). It was a very short-lived experience because it just didnt work. I saw an on-campus doctor about it and he said that basically I cant do missionary and have to try doggystyle or variations of that. Now I know he had good intentions but girls of course aren't always going to want to do doggystyle and for a one-night stand that's kind of out there and unrealistic.

My question is, is surgery something that I should look into? Ive researched it and it is expensive, but if there is no other way that I can just have regular, enjoyable sex with a girl then I don't know what else to do. Someone please help! I really need to figure this out, because its really starting to affect me mentally. I'm on the brink of considering telling my parents/scheduling an appointment with a urologist to get more help. Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

You saw an on-campus doctor about your situation.  Did he/she offer any advice about correcting your curvature or just offer sexual position advice?  You should see a urologist, as you've mentioned.  Depending upon your insurance, you could get a referral from that doctor or call up one on your insurance list directly.  If your sex organs are otherwise working properly, until you can get your curvature dealt with, allow any girlfriend to give you a hand job or ********.