Sexual Health Community

Is this true about your vagina when you are in your 40´s?

I heard that as more we age the vagina walls become thinner but I also heard that if you want your vagina to be heatlhy in that tricky age as if you are above 40´there are several changes in your female organs and yourself,  it helps to have sex often to make your vagina like more active in some way

Is that true and why is that?
COMMUNITY LEADER
It is a good question. I am sure our member or guest will reply to your question. Thanks.
Having regular sexual intercourse definitely helps to keep the vaginal walls and tissues limber and lubricated (but that doesnt mean you have to have lots of intercourse.)  Once you enter into menopause the tissues will tend to start to dry out and thin.  Using the replacement hormone estriol in a vaginal cream inserted with a tube plunger helps with this.  This must be prescribed by your gynecologist.
Ohh no I dont want to put any vaginal cream for that and I dont live in the USA so I dont even know if here that cream is prescribed. So Do u thinkthe second tiem I will ahve sex will be hurtful tan the first time?
yes it takes awhile to get comfortable inside, ask your partner to be gentle.  Anyway, i didn't need the cream til i was 56 and thru menopause. Once, since i have been older, i hadn't had intercourse for 16 years, and when i tried to again, it hurt and felt all stretched out and sore after.  It took awhile to get used to it again.
so i t may hurt again if i do it the second time? I mean I was virgin until my 47 I had sex for the first time last december and I may do it again but I wonder if it will hurt