Aa
A
A
A
Close
Sexual Health Community
13.4k Members

Is this true about your vagina when you are in your 40´s?

I heard that as more we age the vagina walls become thinner but I also heard that if you want your vagina to be heatlhy in that tricky age as if you are above 40´there are several changes in your female organs and yourself,  it helps to have sex often to make your vagina like more active in some way

Is that true and why is that?
3 Responses
139792 tn?1498589250
COMMUNITY LEADER
It is a good question. I am sure our member or guest will reply to your question. Thanks.
Having regular sexual intercourse definitely helps to keep the vaginal walls and tissues limber and lubricated (but that doesnt mean you have to have lots of intercourse.)  Once you enter into menopause the tissues will tend to start to dry out and thin.  Using the replacement hormone estriol in a vaginal cream inserted with a tube plunger helps with this.  This must be prescribed by your gynecologist.
1 Comments
Ohh no I dont want to put any vaginal cream for that and I dont live in the USA so I dont even know if here that cream is prescribed. So Do u thinkthe second tiem I will ahve sex will be hurtful tan the first time?
yes it takes awhile to get comfortable inside, ask your partner to be gentle.  Anyway, i didn't need the cream til i was 56 and thru menopause. Once, since i have been older, i hadn't had intercourse for 16 years, and when i tried to again, it hurt and felt all stretched out and sore after.  It took awhile to get used to it again.
1 Comments
so i t may hurt again if i do it the second time? I mean I was virgin until my 47 I had sex for the first time last december and I may do it again but I wonder if it will hurt
Have an Answer?
Top Sexual Health Answerers
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
st. louis, MO
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dim the lights and break out the…eggs? These 10 foods will kick your sex drive into high gear.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
The surprising benefits of getting busy
Pain, cramps and spotting — when should you call the doctor?
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.