Sexual Health Community

Masturbation Addiction!! Help!!

I'm 21 and I'll admit I have a masturbation addiction. I'm looking for others who are also experiencing this problem so we can not feel alone help each other overcome this addiction.
Why do you call it an addiction? Have you taken any steps to get help?

I hope others will come along, too, who share this issue.
because it is repetitive and do it almost everyday but I want to stop but always fail
Masturbating every day isn't an addiction, necessarily.

There are some signs that things can be an addiction - https://www.healthline.com/health/addiction/recognizing-addiction

General signs of addiction are:

*lack of control, or inability to stay away from a substance or behavior
    *decreased socialization, like abandoning commitments or ignoring relationships
    *ignoring risk factors, like sharing needles despite potential consequences
    *physical effects, like withdrawal symptoms or needing higher dosage for effect

For masturbation, a lack of control might be feeling compelled to masturbate in inappropriate places, like your job or school. It might mean being late to work or school because you felt the need to masturbate first, and it made you late.

Risk factors might be masturbating to the point of skin irritation, or getting in trouble at work or with the law for doing it in a public place.

Physical affects might be getting anxious if you can't do it because you're at work or school.

Masturbation, in and of itself, is normal and there's nothing inherently wrong with it. Obviously, I have no idea if you're addicted to it - only you know that. If you are, I'm sure others will be along to help. :)
your answer is quite practical and useful.Do visit this community to help to search right answers.
I agree with auntiejessi about this - it may not necessarily be an addiction. Young guys often have high sex drives due to high levels of Testosterone & masturbating once a day doesn’t sound excessive to me at all. In my teens & early 20s I prbly masturbated about 10 times a week on average, maybe once daily some days, skipped a day here or there & other days more than once, especially on weekends. As she points out, if it’s not a total obsession & isn’t interfering with other aspects of your life, it prbly isn’t an issue.