Sexual Health Community

My penis is itchy after sex. My girlfriend's vagina is itchy as well. Why?

I and my girlfriend have been together for 8 years and we are having a problem we never had before. We had unprotected sex at night and the following morning my penis was itchy. I also noticed that there were small red spots on my penis when I pulled the foreskin back. I mentioned it to my girlfriend and she told me that she had the same problem as me. Her vagina has been itchy for a couple of days and after we had sex it became more intense. What could the problem be?
You both may have yeast infections. This is a common fungal infection in women, but men can get it, too. Yeast infection is not an STD, but can be spread easily through sexual contact. Ask your girlfriend about her symptoms. I think she may have white, thick vaginal discharge accompanied by the itch and irritation. Yeast infection is easily treated and Fugacil cream is commonly used to treat it. To make sure that you don't confuse it with other conditions, see your doctor for diagnosis. You both should get treated at the same time and not have sex until you both are free-symptoms.
Thanks for your reply. It definitely was a yeast infection, my doctor has confirmed that.