Aa
A
A
A
Close
Sexual Health Community
13.6k Members

Plaguing thoughts causing problems!

I'm 20 years old and I have always found girls attractive and sought to be with women. However when I was younger (around 12) I was friends with a guy who has since confirmed he is gay, though he seemed to know alot about sex which I found interesting. Over the years, I have had a series of sexual fantasies about this person - which causes me bother, however we are longer in contact. When I'm out I always find myself looking at girls and being attracted to them, and have had girlfriends who I enjoyed being with very much. However lately, the fact that I've had these fantasies have bothered me so much that when i'm with girls, I struggle to get an erection which never happened in the past when with girls. How do I get the plaguing thought out of my head, as I know this is a psychologically based problem. I have never had fantasies about other guys, just this one person - which leads me to thinking that I could not be gay if I always sought to be with girls. Some people may think Im bisexual though I'd much rather be in a relationship with a woman. I am with a girl atm, and fear the next time we get closer physically that I won't be able to "perform" to the best of my ability, due to this lingering problem.  I never had this problem before when the thought was not on my mind, though now it is, it causes me problems!

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice on my problem? It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help!!
1 Responses
It sounds more like you're nervous about the possibility that you may be bisexual.  Why?  Don't repress it and just let it out, man.  

And it just sounds like you need a swift kick in the butt.  So let me lay it on you:

YOU'RE NORMAL.  If you've had sex with women before and no problem, why now?  What is so wrong with liking men too?  Nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  

And if you're curious, go out to a gay bar and check it out.  Or meet up with a gay dude who you think is handsome or something and see what happens.  

Explore.  It's the only way you will know for sure and have peace of mind.
Have an Answer?
Top Sexual Health Answerers
139792 tn?1498585650
Indore, India
st. louis, MO
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dim the lights and break out the…eggs? These 10 foods will kick your sex drive into high gear.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
The surprising benefits of getting busy
Pain, cramps and spotting — when should you call the doctor?
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.