CT Results

Could someone please explain my results to me:

Paranasal sinuses are symmetrically developed. The coastal thickening is present at the bases of the frontal sinuses and narrows the left frontal recess. Minimal mucosal thickening is present in the maxillary sinuses a narrows the left ostiomeatal unit. Subcentimeter polyps versus mucus retention cysts are present at the bases of the maxillary sinuses bilaterally. Mucosal thickening is present in the anterior left ethmoid air cells. Sphenoid sinuses and sphenoethmoidal recesses are normal. No acute fracture or destructive osseous process is identified. Visualized aspects of the skull base appear normal. Optic globes, preseptal and post septal soft tissues are intact, normal and symmetric. Nasal septum is midline and no masses are present within the nasal passages.

IMPRESSION:

Mild degree of predominant left-sided sinus disease.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Based from the CT result, presence of polyps or mucus retention cysts are present in the base of the maxillary sinus. Further evaluation may need to be done and additional factors such as symptoms and medical history are important considerations. It is best that you discuss the result with your attending physician for proper diagnosis. Take care and do keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
So my ent at the time just brushed this all off and said its polyps and sent me on my way. We have moved since then and now my new ent says I don't have polyps I just have a small mucus retention cyst. He isn't going to do anything because its not hurting anything.  I have had 3 dr.'s claim they see polyps up my nose, but once I went to this ENT he said I didn't have any and has no clue what they are talking about. Should I be concerned or just dismiss this? Thanks
Helpful - 0
DID YOUR CT SCAN INCLUDE "CONTRAST?" I JUST HAD CT SCAN
AND WAS TOLD I HAVE POLYPS..BUT ENT DR. SAID THEY
DON'T CAUSE ANY HARM. I HAD SINUS SURGERY FEW YRS AGO, AND WAS NEVER TOLD I HAD POLYPS..THE NEW ENT DR. SAID "THEY GROW BACK"..SO TAKING THEM OUT, RE-THINK IT OVER. IF NOT HURTING YOU...SURGERY COULD BE WORSE THAN KNOW'G U HAVE THEM..I ALSO HAVE MUCOSAL THICKENING ALSO. I CAN ONLY GET MUCUS OUT USING "NEIL-MED, NOT NETI POT..OTC. ..READ INSTRUCTIONS,...NEVER USE TAP WATER.
GOOD LUCK
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Sinus Infections/Disorders Community

Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life