Sleep Apnea / Disorders Forum

sleep for 13 year olds

Dear Dr,
Could you please tell me how many hours of sleep a 13 year old needs? Also what is the best time  for a 13 year old to go to bed?
Thnx,
Malan
Teens need about 9 hours. Generally, their sleep cycles are shifted later, so they tend to go to bed later and get up later. However, since most schools start early in the morning, most teens are sleep deprived.
My 13-year old granddaughter has a hard time going to sleep before 10pm .She gets up in the morning for school and she is always tired. What are some things can we do to help her change her sleepng habit?
A related discussion, Trouble w/ sleeping - 13 year old son - ADHD was started.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?