Insomnia from heavy smoking ?

I've been having a terrible time sleeping more than 3 or maybe 4 hours a night at most, and wonder if its possibly related to my nasty chainsmoking habit that I've never really been able to kick, because a friend suggested that might be it.

I know its awful of me to keep smoking the way that I do, but I haven't really increased the amount I've been smoking lately, just the same old two to three packs a day I've been averaging for the past fifteen years or so. Not sure why it'd start making me have sleepless nights starting a few months ago. Just wondering if anyone had any experience with this, thanks.
Any sign of breathing problems? Labored breathing or shortness of breath could effect your sleep.
Do you wake up coughing, or really need a cigarette when you wake up?

You are reading content posted in the Sleep Disorders Community

Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.