Aa
A
A
A
Close
Sleep Disorders Community
4.93k Members

Need help with my severe insomnia

I've always suffered from insomnia, but lately it's been really bad. Unlike in the past, I normally feel really tired and seem to have no problem "zoning out" (as opposed to obsessively worrying/thinking about things), but no matter how hard I try I just can't fall asleep! I've tried just about every remedy you normally hear about: no electronics before bed, no caffein after noon, deep breathing, medication, etc. But NOTHING seems to work!!! Medication helped for a little bit but lately that doesn't seem to be doing any good either. Please help! I've been getting, at most 4 hours of sleep each night and I need a solution!!
1 Responses
get some bloodwork done. Ferritin, Vitamin D, magnesium, B12

Check your vitamin D levels with 25OH vitamin D blood test. Low D and low magnesium cause cause insomnia, anxiety, depression, fatigue, dizziness, body pain, headaches, etc.

You want you D levels above 50ng/mL. You can supplement with D3 and magnesium
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.