Sleep Disorders Community

ZOPICLONE and cronic insomnia

Hi there,
I have been on Zopiclone for the past 3 years from cronic insomnia, which has worked very well up until the past two months, I don't understand what's going on but I am sleeping so badly, and I am getting about 2-3 hours a night and I feel dreadful.
I have been unwell with an inner ear infection and I don't know if that could be one of the reasons, but, my question is,
Does Zopiclone eventually stop working after a while? I am on 7.5 milligrams but I do now have to take another half, so that's almost 10mg at the moment that I am taking and it isn't good, I feel that I should be sleeping with that much medication, and I am really worried. I do suffer from stress even though I am not working at the moment, and I do over think, and I am a worrier, but, Zopiclone has always been something which makes me sleep and shuts my mind off.
Please help me as I am lost and don't know what on earth to do about my sleeping, I almost collapsed yesterday as I was so tired.
Laura.
Ive been having trouble sleeping latelt and my doc prescribed 7.5mg of Zopiclone but i tried meditation along with it and i cant sleep, so after 4 hours of tossing and turning and trying to relax, nothing. Im afraid to take another/or half because it makes me really light headed.
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life
Want to wake up rested and refreshed?
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.