Social Security Disability or SSDI Community
69 Members

HELP FOR DISSABILITY

My husband was diagnosed with bladder cancer 4 years ago. He works at a major corporation where they produce auto=parts. Anyway since being dianosed with cancer he has been hospitalized more times than I care to count. Several times it has been from fume inhalation, he has a desk job however they found him slummped over his computer, incoherant.  He has undergone cancer treatments for the last few years, he has also been at his job for 20 years, he is 56 years old.  My question is what can we do to get disability? My husband is the sole provider for our family and he went to an attorney and the attorney told him that he had to NOT be working to collect dissability. Our dilemma is without his paycheck we can't survive.

What bothers me the most is he DESERVES dissability. He works sick, through treatments, never complains but we feel defeated here, does anybody have ANY suggestions for us?  There has to be somebody in this same situation, any help would mean so much to me.

Mag
it is my understanding you have to be completely unemployed to get SSDi; that's my mistake I was trying to pay for health insurance and medicine so I worked 5 hours or so a week to pay for it and had to quit completely according to my attny.

they make things so difficult but there is emergency help in each through different foundations and agencies; check out what you have to do for your state

I wish I could be more help; but I'm going through the process also and learning as I go
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.