Speech & Language Disorders Community
489 Members

Pause/Delay while Starting words while Speaking?

From last few months , i am facing a very weird speech problem which i had never faced before in my life. Just to give you my background...i wanted to learn singing for fun and also to improve my voice as it sounds a little horse and raspy. Few months ago , I bought a singing program on the internet and started to practice scales and vocal warm up exercises like Humming , Lip trills, tongue trills etc day in and day out. I did those exercises rashly for hours, without thinking about my vocal health.  After doing them for two months...i started to face vocal problems, like these:-

-> I face difficulty in speaking certain words like vowels a, e, i , o, u. For example....i want to say 'Indispensable'...i will put too much effort and i will say..."i -i -i -i -dispensible" and so on. I never had stuttering/stammering in my life.

-> I think that i might have damaged my vocal cords permanently and that i can never recover.

-> I fell very difficult to start word staring from letter 'i , a etc.

-> My voice pitch has become very low and people often complain that they can hear what i am saying.

-> I feel a lot of anxiety while talking to people.... as i feel i will again get stuck and words will not come out.

Please give me any advice/suggestion to eliminate this naturally. I haven't been a doctor, as first i want to cure it on my own, if possible.

thanks.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
What to expect in your growing baby
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?
Autism expert Dr. Richard Graff weighs in on the vaccine-autism media scandal.
Could your home be a haven for toxins that can cause ADHD?