at a loss

Does anyone here have anal problems due to there back injury's?

Hi, can u be more specific?...do u mean tail bone pain, or do u mean u r having bowel issues?
I have a bulged disk in my back and its pressing on nerves.having no choice but to work like this,I have to wear a belt around the injured disk to keep it in place.much like a weight lifters belt....its great for supporting my spine,but the problem is.....when i work like that,with the belt on,i begin to feel a pressure building up in my anus(just inside my butt)to begin with it starts off like a headache...and at that stage if i stop working (about 4-5 hours into my day) I can make it go away with rest.But persistantly re-agitation 5 days a week...sometimes 6 days.so this area of my anus is contiuously under strain.My wife says its like a pregnant women bearing down at child birth..and im literally pushing my insides out my butt.while working i can feel the anus swelling up from the staining.I believe that because of my back injury and having to wear the support.....straining and bearing down at work is causing these anal problems.?Dr's can't seem to make the connection...so i spoke to 3 chiropractors and they all agree with me that they are related .....back and anal problems are related.(ive just had a parianal absess removed) and in the process off packing and dressing my wound(a 2-3 inch hole,.... next to my butt hole(an inch away) from it.Dr say that these absess are from ingrown hairs...but i strongly disagree and feel they are developing from the inside...due to the staining....ive had this problem along time and it only seems to happen while im working and staining myself...thanks for your comment :)talk soon zy

How tight is the belt? I am wondering if in addition to the disk if the belt is  creating a CSF obstruction and that is the pressure u r feeling?

Have u been to a spine specialist?
due for an mri soon :) ty for the comment.The wife says to tell you...Im like a pregnant women bearing down....is a better discription of it.haahahah from the research we have done,theres evidence....but very little I can find...embarrassingproblems.com if you go there and type in anal pain ...under what sort of pain is it? the last heading states"A continuous aching pain in the anus needs to be sorted by a doctor.it is most often caused by a back problem (when a part of the spine presses on a nerve)" So i have yet to find someone else who suffers from this .....and yes i have to retighten the belt depending on my level of pain.And i wonder if a CSF would cause an absess?

This is an issue I have had with Drs asking me to describe my pain and symptoms, the terms used do not really fit, and they do not seem to listen to our descriptions unless they fit their list ....very frustrating.

I can only think it is pressure from  the bulging disk, obstructing CSF...blocked CSF would cause a syrinx to form a cyst like cavity...so the belt may be adding to ur issues.

"selma"
hate to say..... but without the belt im unemployable and the Dr wont even suggest that my back and anal problem is related....like you say maybe its the belt...idk the bills are piling up and .....i even ask my Dr's who is going to hire me ........on the brighter side i managed to talk wcb in to giving me a copy of my mri from the year 2000.....which wcb just dismisses.....the stress its causing my family is at the limits....and im forced to lie about my injuries and find another job.........still at a loss on what to do.....
thanks for your support selma :)))

May I ask what type of Dr is treating u?...Do u have a spine specialist?

I do not understand how one can not be affecting the other...I have bowel issues with spine issues, so  if that is connected y can't urs?

Wish I could tell u more....
i cant get a Dr to even write me a note that says they are connected.ive been to 3 different Dr's in the past 6 months.and when 2 dismiss it completely and after 6 months ive convinced 1 to send me for mri....which i already had.....since 1990 ive been to 20 Dr's....none were willing to help me.....the problem is......wcb(workers compensation board)doesnt want to pay me for injuries i suffered in 1990 and ive been fighting for my life and to keep a roof over my head since...read my journal and it will bring u up to the year 2000...after that its been struggle after struggle repetedly re-injuring myself over and over.going from job to job lying to employers about my injury.....im to sick to work,but i cant find a Dr to say so...so i can collect my benefits...a meer 1000$ a month to live on,doesnt  even cover my rent.....Who's gonna hire me,so i can support my family? still at a loss,and very close to losing everything ....and out on the streets again.......because of a work related injury.................
the bottom line is...i need proof ....a written document.....that says my back problems are related to anal......i can get a chiropractor to say so ....but not a Dr.....have you got documentation,or have any idea's where i might find this to be proven? .....and thanks so much for listening and your help....your awesome SelmaS :)

I know the problem u r having as I ran into the same issues with Chiari...and was denied my LTD benefits 2x;s and have no income for over 3 yrs now...it is not a good thing as we had our DD's wedding amidst all this...and I wanted to give her so much more then we were able to...I was only 1.5 yrs post op from brain surgery...so I was not even capable of physically doing all that I wanted...and yet was denied benefits. It is sooooo frustrating to have people sit on a board to make these decisions who gets what and they have no freaking clue!

May I ask what type of Drs other then the chiro's u have been to for certification?

"selma"
well so sorry to hear ,and ive been to surgens,my family Dr and multiple walk in clinics not to mention the hospital many times too.noones willing to help. I have an appointment with family Dr tommorow.And if i dont get results from him...ive booked another Dr appointment on the 6th ....and he's 30 minutes from here,in the next town.best of luck to you my friend ...talk soon!

Is the Dr u r going to see a spine specialist? If not u may want to try that, if u have u may need to try a few until u find a good one that can help.

Crossing my fingers this next Dr is bale to help u or at least point u in the right direction to get it.

Keep me posted : )

"selma"
the 6th it is.......
i posted my 2000 scan for you to read...how can they say its buldged and not herniated?? take care selmaS...ohh its part 4 of my journal lol

Hi...sorry, I was out of town and not posting like I normally do when at home....I did take a look, and I am not sure how to answer this except that.....

A bulging disk extends outside the space it should normally occupy. The bulge typically affects a large portion of the disk, so it may look a little like a hamburger that's too big for its bun. The part of the disk that's bulging is typically the tough outer layer of cartilage. Usually bulging is considered part of the normal aging process of the disk and is common to see on MRIs of people in almost every age group.

A herniated disk, on the other hand, results when a crack in the tough outer layer of cartilage allows some of the softer inner cartilage to protrude out of the disk. The protrusion of inner cartilage in a herniated disk usually happens in one distinct area of the disk and not along a large component of the disk, which is more typical of a bulging disk. Herniated disks are also called ruptured disks or slipped disks.

I imagine if there was no crack in the outer layer seen via ur MRI, that is y they consider this a bulging disk.

With the pain u have or have been having this does not make sense unless the crack is just not visible ....

???
wow was at the Dr .......my family Dr.....was told to go back to work,perscribed muscle relaxents....and told not to lift more than 20 pounds..........

Is that possible with ur type of job?.....
exactly

What did ur employer say?

can they offer u placement with those limitations?
good question but no... i was working in a very un-clean enviroment.mud oil,and alot of coal dust.and the work is very repetative,the last few months ive been on reduced hours at work.and even after 5 hours working my back was toasted..for the day....if i rested,the rest of the day.I would be fine to work the next day.But just having surgery 2 weeks ago,im left with a hole in my butt,the size of a quarter.I would nt want to risk working in a dirty enviroment and infect the wound(just had a perianal absess removed, from straining my back i can feel them developing)....this is the main reason i signed up for this site....is to find documentation...proof...that other people suffer from this same thing.along with having a bad back which has led to perianal absesses.i was also overexposed to a chemical at work.....which my employer,Dr,and wcb completely ignore..and ive suffered greatly ...i was exposed jan 21-23/2012 and havent been able to work for both injuries....surgery and over./exposure...i will let you know more once ive settled the dispute with wcb.my question is the job worth being sick for a pay check,between the open wound and the thought of being exposed to this chemical.....again.... seems overwelming??thanks for your support selmaS :)

So I take this is a non union job...I would contact someone from the state about job safety ...

I share ur concerns and would look  at political reps for help.....

Is this a small business?
correct on all of the above and have contacted mla...but nothing...

So how small a business, less then 50 employees?
2

You are reading content posted in the Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community