spina bifida surgery after urine retention problem

My 8 month son has menengocele but no symptoms except dermal sinus and lump. Doctor suggested for surgery. But after one days of surgery he is facing urine retention problem. Currently on catheterization. As doctor it will take 3 month around. Is anybody can provide more info how he will be able to clear. Except that problem still there are no problem

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

How many days now since your son had his surgery? It is not uncommon to have a cath after a surgery like this....I had one for 3 days.....

How is he doing now?
after one day of surgery he faced issue. Doctor check after one week of operation. But he not able pass urine. After that he is still catheterized. Almost 21 days of surgery bt still he is in catheterized.

I am sorry not sure why he still is having the issue and requires a cath....can you talk with his Drs to see what they have to say?

Some people take a longer time to heal and it might be he is one that may just take a little longer....??

You are reading content posted in the Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community