Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

spina bifida surgery after urine retention problem

My 8 month son has menengocele but no symptoms except dermal sinus and lump. Doctor suggested for surgery. But after one days of surgery he is facing urine retention problem. Currently on catheterization. As doctor it will take 3 month around. Is anybody can provide more info how he will be able to clear. Except that problem still there are no problem
3 Responses
620923 tn?1452915648

Hi and welcome to the Spinal Cord C/D forum.

How many days now since your son had his surgery? It is not uncommon to have a cath after a surgery like this....I had one for 3 days.....

How is he doing now?
after one day of surgery he faced issue. Doctor check after one week of operation. But he not able pass urine. After that he is still catheterized. Almost 21 days of surgery bt still he is in catheterized.
620923 tn?1452915648

I am sorry not sure why he still is having the issue and requires a cath....can you talk with his Drs to see what they have to say?

Some people take a longer time to heal and it might be he is one that may just take a little longer....??
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Spinal Cord Conditions/Disorders Community

Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452915648
Allentown, PA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease