tendenitis of the elbow

I have pain in my right elbow believe it to be tennis elbow what can I do at home to help control pain or help it get better?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I don't know why you are posting this on a depression forum, but I do know the answer to this. The most common, simplest and easy solution is to get an adjustable arm band that you puton the upper forearm about 2 inches below the affected elbow. That is for tennis elbow, and that is what tennis players do. So, that it doesn't turn chronic, you may have to adjust and fine tune the stroke movement  and/or change your racket to one that doesn't affect the way you use your arm or hit the ball. To do that, someone who knows how to play tennis needs to watch how you hit the ball. It will probably improve your game. You can ask the pharmacist or tech at any local drug store (like Walgreens or CVS) since you are in Arizona, what kind of bands they have for it. I've seen them there. The other thing is that if it is really bothersome and you aren't on a competing schedule, you need to rest your arm, and take a break from playing, I had tennis elbow, and since I hardly play tennis  now, it's been resolved.
Helpful - 0
By the way, don't use it like a tourniquet. You still want circulation to flow. instructions and precautions on the box. If it is really bothersome and affects your arm strength and use, talk to a doctor, and you need to definitely quit the activity until you ergonomically correct what caused it. it is a lot like carpal tunnel syndrome.
Helpful - 0
One more thing to consider. If your racket is actually perfect for you, check to see if it needs to be re-strung. I had my rackets restrung as many times as I needed to depending on how much I played and I played competitively for awhile. I did have to correct my strokes with a coach and I had to change my racket.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Sport Injury Community

Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.