Step forum Community
25 Members

ea meditation

October 5

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

"Live and let Live," reminds me that my first responsibility is to myself. I must take care of myself the way my Higher Power wants me to . When I can accept myself, it becomes easier to accept others. When I allow myself to be myself, I am able to let others be themselves. This creates a lovely balance between others and me. When I take responsibility for myself, I lose my need to control others.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

You made me the way I am, and my job is to accept me and live with me to the best of my ability.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

If I focus on making this day as good as it can be for me, I will not have time to worry about others.

October 6

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Pain had been the motivator for me to come into the program. After some time, the pain lessened in intensity and frequency. When I felt good and happy, I thought I did not need the program anymore. These thoughts scared me, so I began to create pain and misery for myself so I would be motivated to work the program. I became frightened of being happy and serene. I am learning that the desire to live a better life is a sufficient motivator. The pain which brought me here can be transformed into the gratitude which keeps me here.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I remember that as I grow in the program, my values and perspectives will change.

October 7

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Being afraid of rejection, I did not trust sharing my honest feelings. Trusting seemed so scary; but once I understood the only way to let go of the fear of rejection was by my trusting, I became more willing to take the risk. As I took the risk to share and was accepted, my willingness to risk grew. The more I shared, the more acceptance I received, the more acceptance I received, the more trust I developed.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

At times, I feel so scared, God. Help me to risk sharing the parts of myself I want to run from the most.

October 8

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

There are many important words involved in our program, but two of the most important are humility and responsibility. Much of my progress can be measured by these two words. They are extremely hard for me to accept and use. Humility bothers me because it goes against the grain of my false pride. Responsibility is tough because it is so much easier to let someone else take care of things. When I am responsible, I take care of my commitments and obligations. Most times that is hard work. When I accept and practice humility and responsibility, I grow rapidly.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

It is hard to be humble and responsible. Please ease my way.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Humility and responsibility equal maturity and manageability
October 9

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Am I so important I am the only one who can do things for others? I used to believe the world was falling apart because I was becoming incapable of handling everything. My need to be needed was so strong I felt everything depended on me, and me alone. Ego, pride and self-will had me in their grip. I have come to realize that real help comes from allowing others to learn to do for themselves. I am now stepping back and letting others learn from their own mistakes, as we all have to do.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to love, but not to take over.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I will allow others to do what they have to do
October 11

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

My outside appearance is a good indication of how I feel inside. When my inside emotional stability is running amok, it is time to start getting the outside in order first. Are my clothes clean? Do they need repairs? Is my hair combed and washed, and does it need cutting or curling? How about a long, hot bath or shower? When was the last time I visited the dentist or had a good physical from my doctor? I need to make certain my emotional difficulties are not aggravated by a physical ailment such as allergies, blood sugar fluctuations, or chemical imbalances. Now that I am refreshed and looking good, I can call some friends for coffee or lunch or I can have people come over to my place for a visit. Doing these things can help to change my attitude.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

My body houses the soul You gave me. Help me to keep it in good working condition.

October 12

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I am glad to realize that while I cannot will away negative feelings such as fear, anger, or despair, I need not be ruled by them. No matter how overpowering my emotions may be, I can focus on something which will feed my serenity. Although strong feelings may blind this fact, the world is full of goodness and beauty. As surely as I can be upset by another person, place or thing, I can find better experiences to enjoy.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I reflect on everything in my life which brings me happiness or serenity.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Why would I choose to respond to something negative when I can respond to something positive?

You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.