Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Is this possible?

I'm concerned that my mother has stomach cancer.

Unfortunately, I can't be by her side right now (considering how I'm all the way across the country for school) so I can only go by what she says until her CT and biopsy results are out.

She has two tumors: one that is 1.6cm on top of her liver, and one that is also 1.6cm on the bottom of her stomach.

Is that possible?

I've always thought that stomach tumors originate from inside the tumor and if it is on the outer layering of the stomach, should be much bigger.
2 Responses
1711789 tn?1361308007
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi there!

Gastric/ stomach tumours could occur anywhere along its wall. The tumour on the liver could be a matter of concern if it is a secondary from a primary GI/ Gastric tumour, suggesting a late-stage malignancy. Another possibility is the two being separate issues, where the situation may not be as grave. At this stage the best would be to wait for the investigational reports to come out, when a diagnosis can be made and an appropriate management plan initiated.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
1972289 tn?1325877810
I'm sorry!  How is she doing?  Does she definitely have stomach cancer?  I hope she's doing well!
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Stomach Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.