Can you help me not worry and be happier?

Is there some things that you would suggest so that I may have less stress while I'm at school. It would be nice to be able to concentrate easier, be more relaxed, and not worry so much or have the feeling that I have to please everyone. I just worry a lot about my current situation and I think it's affecting my life.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Is there anyway you can take a step back and pinpoint 3 things that are affecting your life right now? and just deal with them. Even if it is just to say, I can' t deal with this right now. It will have to go on the back burner till later. And just totally forget about it, like Scarlett remember? sometimes we get so much on us, that it is like piling more and more on top of a box till it crumbles. There are some things we can put off, I know there are some we can't, but there are some we can, so just step back and reevaluate all the things are causing you the most stress and go from there.
Helpful - 0
There are several things that are causing stress in my life. What I think is causing me to stress out about them is the fact that I don't think there is anything for me to do to stop them from occuring, I feel like I don't have any control. This sense of not having control I guess, is what scares me.
Helpful - 0
hi there, well i suggest that you realize that functioning out of obligation and guilt is not healthy and others take advantage of that.  so please yourself first and know that is right and then to please others will feel right and not stressful.  most of us that try to please others first before ourselves fail everytime and we experience a backlash of stress from doing wrong.  so know it is ok to say NO.  just make sure you say NO kindly and honestly why and you will be surprised how in the end you will be respected more.  school can bring on peer pressure and you can lose yourself.  remember it is OK to say NO thanks.  also, tell yourself to slow down and take it day by day literally for a bit till you get yourself grounded, yes permission for YOU first again.  cause it comes down to if you are not ok with your life, doing things for others will be empty.  u can do this,  and ps,  stop being too hard on yourself, ok?
Helpful - 0
Speaking from experience, do not live your life to please others.  If you do you will be miserable and will always worry about performing to their standards.  Focus on your belief system, your personal morals & values, and live your live based on those.  It is fine to try to improve yourself throughout your life; but, do so for the right reasons.

"You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time."

I tried to please all of the people all of the time my whole life and have lived to regret it.  It took me till I was 30 to realize there is no pleasing people most of the time.  We are fickle creatures who constantly change their minds and ideas on things.  On my biological father's side of the family love was earned by performance.  They are christians and talk a lot about unconditional love but truely they never practiced it and were never supportive unless I was near perfect.  My ex in-laws were the same way and constantly contradicted themselves and their beliefs.  I got so lost in trying to make them happy that I wasn't following what I believed but following their ever changing whim.  Eventually I had a breakdown.  I am only sharing this as I would like to save someone else the pain and heartache of living a life of trying to please others.
In My Humble Opinion all that matters is You and God.  I am finally living life for myself and  my God and only wish I had started sooner.  My life is far less stressful that way.
~Blessings~
~MotherHeart~
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Stress Community