Chronic Kidney Disease since birth

How long before stage 3 turns into stage5 from Chronic Kidney disease?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I just found out I have stage 3 kidney disease.  I have been talking to a lot of friends on medhelp.  they say it can vbe a long time.  but I am going back to my doctor and get him to explain it to me.  you should do the same thing.  one woman told me she had it for 20 years.  I don't know I plan on checking with my doctor or a kidney doctor.  mandy876
Helpful - 0
There's no easy answer to this question. Some people stay in stage 3 forever and never progress, while others progress more rapidly. Part of it depends on the underlying cause of your kidney disease. The other part depends on the salt intake, medications that can worsen renal function, etc.
Helpful - 0
depends on your body and how well you manage your care-- everyone is different
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Stress Community