I fear the death of my loved ones after i lost my brother in a road accident

I lost my 24 yr old brother 2 yrs back in a fatal road accident, he was very close to me. I was very much dependent on him for his suggestion and support towards me on leading & making decisions in my life. Since then I fear that, if my parents also pass away i am left alone behind. I start getting worried and cry often as i fear to live without my family members. how do i over come this ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi dear, I am very sorry for your loss.im praying for u n I hope n pray to God t rest ur bro in peace n t help u find peace in God t protect guide n tk away evry fear frm u.God loves u so much n I noe he will tk cr of u wen u trust n depend on him.all e best
Helpful - 0
Sorry to hear about the sad loss of your brother.

At this moment in time, you are still bereaving the loss of your brother.  Everyone is different with bereavement in that some people will accept and come to terms with what has happened and move on to live their own life.  While other people can struggle for many years and never come to terms with their sad loss.

I suggest that you make an appointment to see your doctor and ask him to refer you to a counsellor who specialises in bereavement.  I think that you need help to guide you to go through the bereavement process to  enable you to move on with your own life.

Even if your brother had been still alive, you would have had to at some point in your life stand on your own two feet to be more independent.  

You are not alone with those thoughts and fears, so do ask your doctor to refer you for the appropriate help.

Helpful - 0
Hi, so sorry for your loss. You might gain some insight into your fears by see therapist and perhaps some medication for depression. Also you might still be grieving your loss. There is no right or wrong way to grieve and no order in which one grieves, even if it's been yrs since your loss.  Talk with a professional so you can get your life back. Moving past your loss does not mean you forget about the person it means you can function in life and be happy again and have happy memories.
I wish you the best friend
D
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Stress Community