Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Stress - various symptoms - Pls help

Hello All - I hope to get some help from you guys. Currently under tremendous stress due to family and work situation. Marriage problems make me very sad as well and I am in grief and emotional turmoil. I have role of managing people at work, which causes a lot of stress to me. I started getting multiple symptoms starting in March. I got Pnumonia in march, then was there were bowel issues for 2-3 months, which went away on their own. Did CT-Abd, plevis, and other endoscpopy, colonscopy. Docs did not find anything wrong. Had a heart attack like situation in April and was rushed to hospoital in ambulance. Docs did CT of chest but could not find anything. They noticed blebs in my lungs. Docs did not say it was emphysema at that time. Later, Abd, Pelvis CT scans reported that the lower lungs seen in scans do show moderate bullous emphysema. I was smoking about 10 cigs a day for 14 years. But, my lung functions in 2 different tests were > 90-95%. Based on that the Pulmonoloist ruled that it is not Emphysema.

Recently for last month or so, I am feeling lot dizzy and get frequent numbness in legs, hands, head. It is kind of increasing. Went to emergency and they did CT scan of head but could not find anything bad. Guys, please help me? Could it be just stress as it was causing a lot of other things? Should I wait for a couple of months and see if that goes away on its own? I am so confused now. I was very healthy until last March and now I am never the same again. Has anyone experience this? Any suggestions?

Regards,
GiJo.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
535822 tn?1443976780
It could be stress related, it can manifest itself with Physical symptoms , like the ones you describe , It is good you dont have Emphysema ,it may be a good thing to get some thing going in the way of counselling for your marital problems are they big problems that a talk to your partner would 'nt help. The role of Managing people can indeed be stressful, again some talking out help,may be good.  If you are not eating regular meals you could be lowering your sugar level and that would make you feel unwell, so make sure you eat 3 meals a day. Good luck let us know how you are doing
Helpful - 0
701334 tn?1262853503
they call everything they have no answer for either stress/anxiety...or fibromayalgia!!!!!
dont believe it,if your having all these symptoms,there for a reason,,no matter what they say.
if you read medical books and learn about things yourself,you too can be just as smart as your doctor!!!,,just remember medicine is nothing more then a educated guess!!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Stress Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.