Stress Community

insomnia

Hi there,
I have been on Zopiclone for the past 3 years from cronic insomnia, which has worked very well up until the past two months, I don't understand what's going on but I am sleeping so badly, and I am getting about 2-3 hours a night and I feel dreadful.
I have been unwell with an inner ear infection and I don't know if that could be one of the reasons, but, my question is,
Does Zopiclone eventually stop working after a while? I am on 7.5 milligrams but I do now have to take another half, so that's almost 10mg at the moment that I am taking and it isn't good, I feel that I should be sleeping with that much medication, and I am really worried. I do suffer from stress even though I am not working at the moment, and I do over think, and I am a worrier, but, Zopiclone has always been something which makes me sleep and shuts my mind off.
Please help me as I am lost and don't know what on earth to do about my sleeping, I almost collapsed yesterday as I was so tired.
Laura.
I'd suggest you talk this over with your physician.  I know from experience that sometimes a bit more (taking more than the reccommended dosage) is counter productive.  I also know too that being on any medication for a period of time, the body builds a resistance.  In other words, what once worked will not work now.

Perhaps a change in dosage or even a change in the medication is in order.  Either way, your physician will be able to help you out.

I too suffer from periodic insomnia.  It's a buggar to deal with, so I know what youre going through.
Laura,
First off, after answering 97 posts, you are the first besides me to have your pic on your profile!!  You are such a beautiful lady!!!  Second off, I so understand about your insomnia.  Bless your heart (yes, I am southern).  And I take it your from UK??  Just a guess because we don't have Zopiclone here, but I know it's available in UK.  Lunesta is the closest drug we have to your med.  I am sure with any drug you can build up a tolerance.  You need to talk to your doctor about changing your drug it sounds like.  And please don't be driving that tired.  Now I am worried about you!!!  Message me and let me know how your doing.  I hope you rest well tonight.
Mitzi
Hi chick I am the same I'm on 7.5mg but it's just not working I have terrifying nightmares and I don't sleep at all - my doctor won't do anything I have a very hetic life - 2 ill parents - 7 year old child and I run my own buisness so it's important I get my rest I also suffer from mania and other mental health issues if you do get anywhere let me no x x
You guys, my own experience of taking sleep meds is Don't. It always ends up messing up your sleep more in the end. The thing is, there's always an underlying reason for why we're not sleeping. And that's what we have to deal with. Most likely you're all wound up with stress and excess adrenaline won't let you sleep. I'm a poor sleeper myself and I know it's irritating as hell - and it amazes me how some people's sleep never suffers no matter what they're going through. They have no idea how lucky they are, as the rest of us know. But - wean yourself off the meds. You will always need something stronger after a while and the quality of sleep is never the same as without them. If you want to get physiological (but natural) help to get out of that vicious stress cycle, let me know, I can give you a link.