Aa
A
A
A
Close
Teen Health Community
2.86k Members

Concerns, using beta blocker: Propranolol/Inderal

So, I was just prescribed the beta blocker Proranolol (originally I was giving 10mg twice a day, but that lowered my heart too much, so I am taking half that dose twice a day now) for (I believe) anxiety and a slight tachycardia. The doctor (or should I say, nurse practitioner) who prescribed it to me had full knowledge that I am a smoker, and just recently I have found myself dealing with lung "issues", causing me to go into occasional wheezing fits. I was wondering if I should continue taking this medication while I'm experiencing lung problems, or not? I was also wondering what the interactions between Nicotine and Propranolol were (reading the warnings, it advises you not to smoke while taking Proranolol).
I would post this in the "Ask a Pharmacist" forum, if it wasn't for the fact that I am only of 16 years of age.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?