Teen Health Community

I need advice...

I get really really BAD period cramps. I get light-headed and have to spend the whole day in bed. This typically lasts 3 days. I talked to my doctor about other ways to help with this, because pain killers do nothing for me. I can take an ibuprofen a day before my period, try every painkiller known to man, but nothing helps. My doctor said that birth control would help. This is something that I'm interested in because my friends, with similar issues, said it works great for them. I wouldn't be taking for sex, but I'm having a hard time trying to tell my mom about going on the pill. I think that she would be fine with it... But she's never had as bad as me and she could easily say that I don't NEED it... According to her "Needing is not the same as wanting"... Help!!
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?