Teen Health Community

Missed Periods

I'm 18 and I haven't had a period in 6 months. My period has been irregular one time and i came on the same month i was suppose just late. Me and my boyfriend was having unprotected sex at the time. I have had urine test at home and at the doctor, they all come back negative. I have no symptoms but weight gain and sharp pains in my stomach from time to time, also when i get upset. No sickness, sore boobs or any other symptoms. What should I do.? Is there anything that could be wrong that i need to get checked out ASAP.??
You don't need the symptoms to be pregnant. Did they do a blood test for pregnancy at the doctor's office? If not, I would ask for one specifically. Sometimes urine tests can give false negatives. Make an appointment with your doctor to find out what it going on.
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments
Do you ever wonder exactly what happens to your body during your period? Ob/Gyn Elaine Brown, MD, explains the menstrual cycle in-depth.
Is the PS3 the new Prozac … or causing ADHD in your kid?