Aa
A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26.1k Members

Diabetes Insipidus (Constant Thirst / Urination)

I do not have a thyroid. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced diabetes insipidus? The reason for the test is because I have been extremely thirsty and urinating almost every 1.5 hours a day. I received a copy of the test results. They tested my ADH level (arginine vasopressin) The results are L<1.0 Range:1.0-13.3

They say there are different types of diabetes insipidus, basically that the kidneys are doing what they are supposed to do or a pituitary issue.

Has anyone experienced this or have any advice? Also, my thyroid levels are actually very good and I feel they are where they need to be. (Taking 1 grain Naturethroid and 50 mcg levothyroxine everyday)

I haven't heard back from the doctor since they were just finalized yesterday.

From looking this up, I may need further testing to rule out exactly what is going on?

-Osmolality, elecrolytes, water deprivation test, MRI to show pituitary?

Any advice?

Thanks!
1 Responses
649848 tn?1534633700
COMMUNITY LEADER
Diabetes Insipidus can be caused either by malfunction of the hypothalamus or pituitary, but it can also be caused by malfunction of the kidneys.

Since we are a thyroid forum, we're not real well versed in Diabetes Insipidus; you might get a better response if you post your question in the General Health Forum, which can be accessed via the following link:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/General-Health/show/164

If you  have questions regarding thyroid issues, we'll be happy to try to help.
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child