Thyroid Disorders Community

Low T3

Hi.  I am a 24-year old women and my test results are as follows:
T3 total: 69 ng/dL (85-185) *T3 level was checked twiceTwice-a-day a month apart, and both times, it was very low
T4T4 test total: 7.4 (4.9-11.4)
TSHPituitary and tsh
Tsh 1.16 mcIU/mL (0.3-4.7)

DHEAS: 4650 ng/mL (400-3600)
Testosterone, total 55 ng/dL (2-45)
Testosterone, free 2.5 pg/mL (0.1-6.4)

I've been underweight all my life (runs in the familyBirth control and family planning
Choosing a primary care provider
Ewing’s sarcoma
Family troubles - resources) and I'm trying to gain weight to see if that will raise the T3 level.  Meanwhile, I was wondering if there would be any merit in checking my cortisol level - especially since my DHEAS is also high.  Could there possibly be a pituitary involvement?

Thank you.