A
A
A
Close
Thyroid Disorders Community
26.1k Members

Need help

Dear Dr Lupo
I hope you can help me as my morther had a parathyroidectomy about 21 weeks ago and her parathyroid hormome level as not come down at all, they have been 110 ng/l then 85 ng/l and two weeks ago they were back up to 127 ng/i. but her calcium levels are normal.she is now in hospital with heart palpitation,sleeping all the time and may have kidney problems,blood presser up and down.They have give her iv vitamin D  as the endocrine consultant said that would sort the PTH down but on joy. 6 weeks after the parathyroidectomy we saw the surgeon and he told us that he had only done one side of the thyroid because of my mothers age(83).Should he have done the other side as well?Now i have spoken to the endocrine consultant today and he said it takes time for the PTH to go down and it is not a problem with it been high, is this right or as she hyperthyroidism again?
Hope you can help me.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Thyroid Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
MI
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
We tapped the CDC for information on what you need to know about radiation exposure
Endocrinologist Mark Lupo, MD, answers 10 questions about thyroid disorders and how to treat them
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child