Parathyroidectomy

I am having a parathyroidectomy on Friday, can anyone tell me what to expect after the surgery?
I have had two lobectomies, both were pretty easy surgeries and easy recovery.  I was up walking a mile or two within a few days.  No real pain.  Hope it goes well.
Thanks for that, I am rather nervous of having it done, especially as I don't know how many are being removed. How were you before having the operation?
I had the surgery in 2007 to remove 1 parathyroid gland and it was a very easy surgery. Surgeon was done in less than 10 minutes. I went home within a couple of hours. Very very mild pain. Took tylenol even though stronger meds were prescribed. I put cocoa butter and vitamin E on my incision and you cannot even see it!  Go get the cocoa butter in a stick. It is usually in the African American hair care products section.  Do not worry at all....you will be fine.  Make sure you take your calcium supplements after the surgery.....Best of Luck!   liz

You are reading content posted in the Thyroid Disorders Community